The Corean Chronicles fictional universe includes the following books:
- Alector's Choice
- Cadmian's Choice
- Soarer's Choice
- Lord Protector's Daughter
General Information Edit
- wikipedia:The Corean Chronicles a pretty good article on the series and the universe
- Excerpt Archive a site with useful excerpts describing things like table colors, history fragments, etc.
Geography (Astronomy?) Edit
At least five planets have been identified.
Can I not miss the soaring spires of Deconar? Or the high domes of Peshmenat?
The world where most of the action takes place, giving the name to the fictional universe.
The distance was measured in vingts. A quarter vingt was equal to 500 yards, making a vingt 2000 yards long (about the length of a nautical mile).
- Sudon on the road to Dekhron, has a training base
- Iron Stem
- Fiente a town on the north side of the River Vedra roughly two-thirds of the way to Emal from Dekhron
- Borlan on the right side of the high road, set on the higher triangle of land formed by the junction of the River Vedra and the River Vyana
- Cersonna on the high road to Indyor, just east of where the road crosses the Vyana
- Elcien (destroyed)
- Faitel (destroyed)
The Empty Quint Edit
Non-standard or uncommon words used for counting or quantities.
- Brace: 2 a brace of two-shot pistols
- Quint: 5 two quints of guards
- Score: 20
Days of Week Edit
The weeks are 10 days long.
Months of Year Edit
There are seasons. The first week of a season (or perhaps month) is oneweek: paid on Duadi of oneweek.
Month names include:
- Ten month, as in I was born on the fortieth of ten month
Month evidently had at least 40 days.
A quint is probably a fifth of a year: send our reports every quint. Possibly five months?
Time of Day Edit
A glass was a measure of time, about an hour, from an hourglass. A quint was one fifth of a glass. There were ten glasses per day: On the polished white oak stand beside the bed was a mechanical glass, the circular face with its single hand. There were five marks between each of the ten triangles.
Articles in the Corean Chronicles Universe Edit